Josep Bartomeu, Barcelona‘s president is heading to a challenge with the top player of his club as he demanded Lionel Messi explanations following his burofax sent to the club.
There is fire hovering in the skies of Catalonia. Since the announcement of Messi saying that he is set to leave the club in this summer transfer window on Tuesday, the club is undergoing a crisis. But Bartomeu still is confident, Messi will go nowhere.
Earlier on Thursday, thousand of Barca fans gathered in front of the club’s direction, asking the resignation of president Bartomeu.
However, AS is reporting that the 57-year-old has a plan to prevent the six-time Ballon d’Or winner to exit from the Nou Camp. As the board does not want of a move without mutual consent.
In fact, the Blaugrana’s direction planned to negotiate with the Argentine crack on Wednesday, but would have finally chose to challenge the player.
First, the club’s plan was to try to convince Messi that he will be at the top of the new project led by Ronald Koeman, the new coach.
” We do not contemplate any contractual departure from Messi . We want Leo to stay. I am convinced that the future that comes to us is positive. He has given a lot to Barça and Barça to Leo.” said Barca’s Technical secretary Ramon Planes said.
We have to fight for the Barça and Messi marriage to go forward. We have spent many hours internally to find the best solution. ” he added.
However, the club has changed it plans as Bartomeu insisted that he will not go to Messi’s house to chat with him. Despite having planned that on Wednesday.
It is also reported that, the freedom letter to be delivered to Lionel Messi as it is stated in his clause, has ended since June 10. As a result, his contenders will have to offload his release clause which is €700 million.